Virtual Reality will allow you to understand the principles of mixed reality and have you participate in augmented or fully immersive virtual reality in the classroom.
Who the course is for
- Anyone interested in learning more about MR — there are no prerequisites for this course
- Developers and designers with a keen interest in new MR technologies
- Designers passionate about creating game experiences
- Creatives curious about the possibilities of MR
- Animators and 3D artists that want to discover how to design an MR experience
- Industry professionals interested in disruptive technologies like MR
What you'll learn
- What AR, VR & MR is
- Applications for Mixed reality
- VR and gaming
- Immersive v augmented environments
- Popular VR with Oculus, Vive etc.
- Roomscale v Stiatic VR
After completing this program, you will learn the fundamentals of Virtual, Augmented and Mixed reality.
You will be able to understand and build frameworks in 3D and be able to explore cutting edge tools in MR Industry.
Career opportunities include:
- AR/VR/MR Application Specialist
- AR/VR Designer
Did you know?
Virtual reality has existed for longer than you probably think! Here’s five surprising facts about this ever-evolving technology.
1. The first VR headset was patented in the 1960’s and was named the ‘Telesphere Mask’ by inventor Morton Heilig.
2. VR isn’t all fun and games – the technology is now being used in healthcare to treat depression, anxiety and PTSD amongst other things.
3. The PlayStation VR headset developed by Sony engineers came about from an open-ended tinkering session without any executive direction.
4. Virtual Reality Travel is a thing. In 2015, Marriott boasted about its ability to transport clients from London to Maui in 90 seconds, thanks to Oculus.
5. No single person invented virtual reality. Instead, many people have contributed to the technology’s growth. Some of the names include Morton Heilig, Jaron Lanier, Douglas Engelbert, Ivan Sutherland and Myron Kreuger. Collaboration, prototyping and iteration have gone into the development of this versatile technology.
Dates, Fees & Location
The Overview course in Mixed Reality is now delivered online or in classroom. Our trainer will send you information and instruction to connect online or get in touch with you about the venue and schedule.
- Date – On Demand
- Day – Every Weekday
- Duration – 1 Day only
- Time – 9 – 5 pm
- Location – Online or Classroom based
- Fee – Price on Application
Register your interest !